Special Operations Capabilities Specialist
Special operations are conducted by small teams in hostile, denied, or politically sensitive areas. Success depends on the skill, maturity, and professionalism of each member of the team. Special Operations Capability Specialists (SOCS) are Marines who provide combat support expertise in intelligence, fire support, communications, and canine operations as part of a Marine Special Operations Team.
The MARSOC Combat Support Orientation Course (MCSOC) is designed to identify Marines from combat support MOS who are interested in a tour in special operations. MCSOC will educate these Marines about the unique challenges, opportunities, training and operations that await those assigned to MARSOC to become SOCS.
For more information on becoming a SOCS, submit an email request to MCSOC_registration@socom.mil with following information: rank, last name,first name, middle initial, EDIPI, MOS, date of rank, date current tour began, security clearance and adjudication date, last PFT/CFT score and date, and command point of contact.
- Special Operations Training Course (STC): Six weeks of unhindered, realistic, challenging basic and intermediate SOF war fighting skills training.
- Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape Training (SERE)
- MARSOF Level 1 MOS Specific Courses
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (6 weeks)
- Communications (12 weeks)
- Intelligence (4-6 weeks)
- Joint Terminal Attack Controller (4 weeks)
- Multi-Purpose Canine (10 weeks)
- SARC/IDC Corpsman (13 months)